Tuesday, November 18, 2008

1

What I'll always associate when recollecting at my old age about my first summer job are:
- the rude people in the world (impatient and discriminating against trainees)
- all the nice and sweet older people
- "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon, for first three days I've been to work I'd be sitting in the restaurant seats next door, 20 minutes too early, and that very song would play on the radio. It was as if it were prepping me for what I was about to encounter.

And my verdict: I like it. I like my job: all the counting and money involved, all the people involved, and all the different & new things I have to learn. I don't even know how much I'm getting paid but I don't mind, I don't think it'll be too little. I need just enough to pay for my concerts and cameras and transport. Oh, and my job is less than 10 minutes walk from my house. It's perfect. It gets me active and enjoying the sunshine.

Later today I may apply for my sisters work: Outback Steakhouse. Because I'm not too sure how often I'd be working at IGA.

I don't think our schoolies plans are going forward, but that's okay. I still have the YCS retreat to look forward too. And by the time people return from their little vacations I'll have money to go out :) Yayyyy.

No comments: